KARACHI: The Action committee of Customs appraising officers has announced a strike on Saturday demanding transfer of Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rasheed Sheikh.
The Action Committee of appraising officers has announced a strike starting 09:00AM Saturday and there would be no work at the three collectorates within the jurisdiction of Customs Appraisement South including MCC Appraisement East, MCC Appraisement West and MCC Port Qasim. Therefore, there will be no examination and assessment at KICT, PICT, Pak Shaheen, Al-Hamd Terminal, QICT, MTO, NLC and off-dock terminals.
The assessment staff at Customs Appraisement South has stopped the work at 05:00 PM on Friday as a protest against the harassing attitude of Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rasheed Sheikh. official said Chief Collector had been continuously interfering with the assessment work and several of his verbal directives could not be followed. Chief collector recently conveyed the directives that 90 percent of GDs should be cleared without examination while assessment staff was barred from calling documents from the importers.
Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rasheed Sheikh on Friday conducted a raid on the assessment hall of MCC Appraisement West. AO Azfar Noor was doing a GD containing 18 items and he was inquired why the processing was taking time. Azfar Noor informed the Chief Collector that the processing had to be done as per the practice so that possible revenue leakage could be avoided, while the officer also had to cover himself.
Subsequently, Abdul Rasheed Sheikh advised Deputy Collector Appraisement West Imran Rasool was advised to transfer Azfar Noor.
Sheikh then visited MCC Appraisement East and exchanged hot words with Assistant Collector Abeer Javed because of the blinds on her office windows. It may be recalled Chief Collector earlier ordered to remove all blinds from the office windows across the Customs House. However, Collector Ashad Jawad did not remove blinds of her office windows since Abeer is a female officer.
Moreover, dozens of officials have been issued explanation memos on ridiculous grounds. It was known that ACs/DCs are morally supporting the strike.
Action Committee is demanding transfer of Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rsheed Sheikh.
Action Committee suggests that a JIT should be formed to conduct audit of RMS and the policies of Chief Collector should be investigated.
FBR has nominated Collector Preventive Dr. Iftikhar as the focal person for negotiations with the Action Committee. However, it could not be confirmed.
Action Committee said perhaps there was some consignments in the pipeline and Sheikh was making ground for its clearance without examination.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Union Properties reappoints Al Ramz Capital as liquidity provider 19-May-2019
- Fixed tax regime to be eliminated gradually: Shabbar Zaidi 18-May-2019
- Accused in smuggling case gets bail 18-May-2019
- Chief Collector Customs, Collector Customs Appraisement, East, other put on contempt notice for May 21 18-May-2019
- Stock brokers propose over Rs20 billion state enterprise fund to support the bourse 18-May-2019
- Smuggled dry fruits recovered from the warehouse of a PTI Senator 17-May-2019
- SECP takes measures for capital market stability 17-May-2019
- Customs Intelligence Multan seizes goods worth Rs175 million 17-May-2019
- State Bank relaunches 8877 SMS service for issuance of fresh currency notes 17-May-2019
- Foreign currency buying selling rates 17-May-2019